Monday, December 29, 2008

Cutting down the Xmas tree

Erin and I were excited to start a new Xmas tradition with Claire when we went and cut down our tree at Whispering Pines Tree Farm. Grandma and Grandpa Waymire also joined us (so they could get their tree). We took a horse drawn carriage out to the where the tree's were, and cut down G & G's first. Then, Erin and I walked around to find ours (we wanted something tall, but had a hard time finding one as they seemed to be younger trees). Finally we found "the one"..which meant I got to enjoy cutting it down with a butter knife (I actually used one of their saw's, but it was so dull it felt like a butter knife). Afterwards we enjoyed some hot coco and popcorn, ran into a few friends, and made the trip home with both tree's still on the roof of the car (Herb and I only used about 200 yds of twine to tie them on!).

No comments: